Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 35 mins
Silken tofu is the surprise ingredient in this creamy crowd-pleaser.
Silken tofu stands in for the mayonnaise and cream cheese common in this cocktail party fare. Serve with pita chips.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups coarsely chopped marinated artichoke hearts (3 small jars), marinade reserved
- 1 box (10-ounce) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 24 ounces silken tofu, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic cloves, halved
- 4 ounces Neufchatel
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a shallow gratin or 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine artichokes, spinach and onion in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place tofu, garlic, Neufchatel, cayenne and 2 tablespoons reserved artichoke marinade in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Combine tofu mixture with artichoke mixture. Add Swiss cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until hot, bubbly and golden brown on top.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.