Hot Apples with Cinnamon Cream Sauce
- Yield: servings
- 2tablespoons raisins
- 2tablespoons water
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2medium medium apples, halved, cored, and skin pierced with a fork in several areas
- 1cup sugar-free whipped topping
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4cup pecan pieces (preferably toasted)
1. Place the raisins and water in a microwave-safe shallow pan, such as a glass pie pan. Sprinke the cinnamon evenly over the raisins and place the apple halves cutside down over the raisins. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Place the apples in individual dessert bowls. To pan residue, whisk in the whipped topping, sugar, and the vanilla until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 20 to 30 seconds or until just heated.
3. Stir and spoon equal amounts of sauce over each apple half. Sprinkle evenly with the nuts.
Used with permission from the American Diabetes Association. Taken from 15 Minute Diabetic Meals by Nancy Hughes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 140
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 10mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 1g