Hot Apples with Cinnamon Cream Sauce
- Yield servings
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium medium apples, halved, cored, and skin pierced with a fork in several areas
- 1 cup sugar-free whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (preferably toasted)
1. Place the raisins and water in a microwave-safe shallow pan, such as a glass pie pan. Sprinke the cinnamon evenly over the raisins and place the apple halves cutside down over the raisins. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Place the apples in individual dessert bowls. To pan residue, whisk in the whipped topping, sugar, and the vanilla until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 20 to 30 seconds or until just heated.
3. Stir and spoon equal amounts of sauce over each apple half. Sprinkle evenly with the nuts.
Used with permission from the American Diabetes Association. Taken from 15 Minute Diabetic Meals by Nancy Hughes.