Hot and Spicy Spareribs
- Yield 3 servings
One of life's greatest pleasures is rolling up your sleeves and sinking your teeth into a succulent serving of really good ribs. And if it is messy, well, that is half the fun.
- 1 (3-pound) rack pork spareribs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender. Add remaining ingredients, except ribs, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ribs on grill over indirect heat; close grill hood. Grill for 1 1/2 hours and then begin basting with sauce every ten minutes, for 30 more minutes. Remove ribs from grill and serve, cutting into serving-size portions. If desired, serve any remaining sauce on the side, bringing it to a boil and boiling gently for 5 minutes.