Hot Almond Cheese DIp
- Yield 15 servings
This cheese dip featuring almonds, cream cheese, swiss and sharp cheddar cheeses makes a great appetizer.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 -- scallions, minced
- -- Ground nutmeg, to taste
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, scallions and nutmeg in a bowl; mix well. Stir in almonds. Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve immediately with crackers.
- Toasted almonds may be sprinkled over top instead of stirred into dip.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club’s Main Line Classics II: Cooking Up A Little History (Wayne, Pennsylvania, 1996).