Horseradish and Pecan-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
- Yield 6 servings
The subtle sweetness of Georgia pecans paired with zesty horseradish gives this special cut of beef just the right enhancement.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Heat oven to 400F. Pat beef dry and season with salt. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke. Add beef and cook, turning, until brown on all sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a shallow baking pan.
- In food processor fitted with chopping blade, combine pecans, parsley, mayonnaise, horseradish, soy sauce and garlic until coarse puree forms. Brush egg white on all sides of beef, then coat with pecan mixture, spreading it thickly on top. Roast beef in middle of oven until a thermometer inserted into center of thickest part registers 125F for medium-rare-about 25 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.