Honey Sweet and Savory Chicken in Parchment
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 1/4cup honey
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1tablespoon sesame oil
- 1tablespoon vinegar
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1cup broccoli florets
- 1cup sliced mushrooms
- 1-- (3-ounce) package instant noodles, quartered and split, reserve flavor packet
- 4-- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 8-- red pepper slices
- 4-- sheets parchment paper (14 inch squares)
- Combine mayonnaise, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and pepper flakes; mix well and set aside.
- Combine vegetables; set aside.
- Cut each sheet of parchment paper* into heart shaped piece about 11 inches long by 14 inches wide.
- For each serving packet, spoon 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise mixture onto one side of parchment paper heart. Arrange 1/4 of noodles over mayonnaise mixture. Layer 1/4 of vegetable mixture over noodles; drizzle with 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise mixture. Arrange 1 chicken breast half over vegetables; drizzle with 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise mixture. Top with 2 red pepper slices.
- Fold other half of parchment over layers and crimp edges to seal; place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining packets.
- Bake at 350F 30 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve in parchment.
* Aluminum foil can be substituted for parchment paper for conventional oven directions. To Microwave: Place packets** on microwave-safe tray or plate with thickest edges to outside. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. **Waxed paper can be substituted for parchment paper for the microwave directions.