Honey-Spiced Chai Bundt Cake
- Yield 16 servings
Flavored with chai tea, this Bundt cake is moist and delicious.
"Moist and flavorful, this cake is always a hit at my family reunions, local bake sales and at school for my fellow staff members."
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups brewed chai tea, cooled
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare cake, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, tea, buttermilk, honey, butter, eggs and egg yolk in a large bowl. Using a mixer at low speed, beat 1 minute or until just blended, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove from pan.
- To prepare icing, remove lid from the frosting and heat in microwave until the frosting is slightly melted. Drizzle over the cooled cake and garnish with the pecans, if using.
Recipe by Wendy Nickel, Kiester, Minn.