Honey-Spiced Chai Bundt Cake
- Yield: 16 servings
"Moist and flavorful, this cake is always a hit at my family reunions, local bake sales and at school for my fellow staff members."
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cups packed light brown sugar
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4cups brewed chai tea, cooled
- 1/2cup buttermilk
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- 1/2cup chopped pecans, toasted, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare cake, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, tea, buttermilk, honey, butter, eggs and egg yolk in a large bowl. Using a mixer at low speed, beat 1 minute or until just blended, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove from pan.
- To prepare icing, remove lid from the frosting and heat in microwave until the frosting is slightly melted. Drizzle over the cooled cake and garnish with the pecans, if using.
Recipe by Wendy Nickel, Kiester, Minn.