Honey Sesame Pork Roast
- Yield 4 servings
A marinade with an Asian flare gives this pork roast lots of added flavor.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -- boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Mix soy sauce, ginger and garlic in bowl. Pour over roast in glass dish. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 3 hours or longer, turning twice; drain.
- Combine brown sugar, honey and sesame oil in saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Brush over roast in roasting pan.
- Roast at 350F for 1 hour or to 160F on meat thermometer.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club’s Main Line Classics II: Cooking Up A Little History (Wayne, Pennsylvania, 1996).