- 1pound carrots, peeled
- 1pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 x 2-inch logs
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3teaspoons honey, divided
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Meyer lemon, zest and juiced (use regular lemon if you can’t find Meyer)
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of micro greens
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place carrots and parsnips on baking sheet and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons honey over all. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat. Roast 15 to 18 minutes, stirring once half way through cooking time, until vegetables are slightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, stir together grated lemon rind and juice, 1 to 2 teaspoons honey (depending how sweet you like), mustard, thyme and oregano. While whisking, slowly drizzle in remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- When ready to serve divide vegetables among serving plates. Drizzle on just enough vinaigrette to moisten. Top with radishes and micro greens. Serve with extra dressing on the side.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 258
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 259mg
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Fiber 9g
- Protein 3g