Honey Pork Chops
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 6-- 1-inch thick pork chops
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 2tablespoons crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/2-- garlic clove, minced
- -- freshly ground pepper
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a baking dish and add chops, turning to cover with marinade.
- Refrigerate for about 8 hours, turning the pork chops occasionally.
- Bake at 350F in same dish, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning the chops during baking.
- Skim fat from marinade. Serve marinade with pork chops. If not serving immediately, baste while you keep it warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Rochester’s Applehood and Motherpie (Rochester, New York, 1981).