Honey Pork Chops
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This pork dish is lightly sweetened with a honey-ginger marinade.
- 6 -- 1-inch thick pork chops
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 -- garlic clove, minced
- -- freshly ground pepper
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a baking dish and add chops, turning to cover with marinade.
- Refrigerate for about 8 hours, turning the pork chops occasionally.
- Bake at 350F in same dish, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning the chops during baking.
- Skim fat from marinade. Serve marinade with pork chops. If not serving immediately, baste while you keep it warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Rochester’s Applehood and Motherpie (Rochester, New York, 1981).