Honey-Mustard Chicken with Fettuccine
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- 18ounces fettucine, uncooked and broken in half
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced crosswise
- 1large red onion
- 2tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons honey
- tablespoon flour
- 14ounces low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2cup chutney
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1bunch scallions, chopped
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and then drain. Preheat broiler.
- Lay the chicken breasts and onions out on a large cookie sheet. Stir together the mustard and honey and brush it over the chicken and onions.
- Broil until the chicken is firm and cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. In a saucepan, bring the remaining chicken broth to a boil. Whisk in the flour mixture and stir until thick. Remove from heat and stir in the chutney, vinegar and parsley.
- When chicken is done, slice it and coarsely chop the onion. Toss with the pasta and sauce and sprinkle with scallions. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 365
- Fat 4.1g
- Cholesterol 112 mg
- Sodium 270mg
- Carbohydrate 58 g
- Protein 25.8 g