Honey-Mustard Chicken & Potato Salad
- Yield servings
- 3 -- chicken breast halves (skinless boneless)
- 1 3/4 cups (bottled) honey mustard dressing, divided
- 1/4 pound (about 6 slices) applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 3 pounds small waxy yellow potatoes
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 -- inner celery ribs (w/ leaves)
- 6 -- green onions (including 2" of green top), sliced thin
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup sliced black (ripe) olives
- 2 tablespoons small capers
Marinate chicken in 1 cup honey mustard dressing at room temperature for 20 minutes,
Heat a grill pan (skillet w/ ridges) and grill chicken 12 minutes per side or until done (juices should run clear); set aside.
Fry bacon until just crisp; set aside.
Boil potatoes with a generous pinch of salt until fork tender (20 minutes).
When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes, cut them first in half and then into slices; transfer to a large glass bowl.
Pour vinegar over potatoes along with bacon and any bacon drippings; gently toss. Add celery, green onions, tomatoes, olives, capers and remaining honey mustard dressing.
Cut chicken breasts in half and then into slices. Add to potato salad and toss once more. Serve warm.