Honey Lime Chicken
- Yield: 6 servings
- 8-- skinless, boneless chicken thighs ( 1 1/2 pound)
- 6tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3tablespoons honey
- 1/3cup olive oil or grape seed oil
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2-- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 1/2teaspoons chili powder
- 1tablespoon whole grain mustard
- -- salt and pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons lime zest
- 3medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1large sweet white onion, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch wide slices
- 2large red sweet bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2-- tablespons olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- -- cilantro for garnish
Combine lime juice, honey, oil, garlic, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, mustard, salt, pepper and lime zest. Divide mixture for marinade and salad dressing, 1/3 for the chicken and 2/3 for the potato salad dressing.
Place chicken thighs in plastic bag and pour 1/3 of the mixture over chicken. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from marinade, drain well and blot dry with paper towels. In a large non-stick grill pan, heat over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Pan grill thighs 4 minutes, turn over, grill 6 minutes or until done. When done, place on serving plate, cover and let rest 10 minutes.
Combine sweet potatoes, onion, bell peppers and remaining ingredients. Toss and place on foil lined large flat baking sheet. Bake 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes until almost done. Remove from oven, cool slightly and cut into bite-size pieces. Toss with remaining salad dressing.
Slice chicken thighs and serve with sweet potato salad.
Garnish with cilantro.