- Yield 4 servings
Vegetables cooked on the grill are kissed with the sweetness of honey.
- 4 small red potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 -- clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -- zucchini, halved lengthwise and halved again
- 1 -- medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 -- green bell pepper, cut in eighths
- 1 -- red bell pepper, cut in eighths
- 1 -- large onion, cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
- Cover potatoes with water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes; drain.
- Combine honey, wine, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in small bowl; mix well. Place potatoes and remaining vegetables on oiled barbecue grill over hot coals. Grill 20 to 25 minutes, turning and brushing with honey mixture every 7 to 8 minutes.
- Conventional Oven Directions: Toss vegetables with honey mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° F 25 minutes or until tender, stirring every 8 to 10 minutes to prevent burning.