Honey Grilled Fruit with Lime Mint Vinaigrette
- Yield 8 servings
Let the grill accent the delicious flavor of mangos and other tasty fruits, complemented by a light vinaigrette and dollop of mascarpone cheese.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 large firm but ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into large spears
- 1/2 -- fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into spears
- 1 large peach, pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 -- plums, pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- -- Mascarpone cheese
- For the Vinaigrette: Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the Fruit: Whisk together honey, lime juice and cinnamon. Grill all fruit over medium heat for a few minutes on each side or until grill marks appearbasting with honey mixture several times. Remove from grill and place in a large bowl; let cool and chop pineapple into large chunks. Place grilled fruit back into bowl, add vinaigrette and toss lightly to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring several times. Transfer to salad bowls or plates and top each with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.