Honey-Glazed Salmon Burgers
- Yield 4 servings
Use canned salmon to make these easy burgers.
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -- (14 3/4-ounce) can salmon, drained
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 -- egg whites
- 4 -- hamburger buns, toasted
- In small bowl, combine honey, ketchup, vinegar, horseradish, garlic and red pepper flakes until well blended. Reserve half of sauce.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients, except buns. Blend in 2 tablespoons of reserved sauce. Divide salmon mixture into 4 patties, 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick.
- Place patties on well-oiled grill 4 to 6 inches from hot coals. Grill, turning 2 to 3 times and basting with sauce, until burgers are browned and heated through. Place on hamburger buns and serve with reserved sauce.