- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 70 mins
To keep the cheesecake from cracking, run a knife between the crust and pan a few minutes after removing it from the oven. The cheesecake will cool and condense without sticking to the pan’s sides.
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3cup finely ground walnuts
- 1/4cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 1/2pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4cup honey, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Brush inside of 8- or 9-inch springform pan with melted butter. Mix walnuts and cookie crumbs in small bowl; spread evenly in the pan, coating bottom and sides.
- Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup honey with a mixer at medium speed until smooth, scraping down bowl’s sides occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time; beat in cream and vanilla. Beat in flour, cinnamon and salt. Pour into crust.
- Bake about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until lightly browned and a little puffed. Cheesecake will jiggle in the center but will set as it cools. Cool on a wire rack 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate. To serve, drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons honey and garnish with berries, if desired.
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough