- Yield 2 dozens
"This recipe was given to me by a friend when I lived in Georgia. Now I share it with everyone in Indiana."
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together until evenly blended.
- Press into a well-greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix icing ingredients until well blended and thin enough to spread. Spread on bars while they are warm.
- Cut bars and remove from pan.
—Betty Wagner, Hanover, Ind.