Honey-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with Carolina Peach Chutney
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3large ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4cup golden raisins
- 1tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1/4cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 3cups water
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup kosher salt
- 2medium pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/3cup honey
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2cup pecans, finely chopped and lightly toasted
- 1/4cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6medium lemon wedges
- To make Carolina Peach Chutney, place peaches, lemon juice (reserve zest for later use), raisins, rosemary, onion, brown sugar, pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon salt into a medium saucepan placed over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; spoon mixture into a bowl, then cover and reserve. (May be done a day ahead and refrigerated, if preferred.)
- To make the pork tenderloin, combine water, sugar and kosher salt, stirring until sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour mixture into a large covered container with the pork tenderloins; let marinate in refrigerator for about 4 hours. Remove tenderloins from the brine; pat dry and discard brine.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, then place the tenderloins on the prepared pan. Whisk together honey and balsamic vinegar; brush tenderloins thoroughly with mixture and sprinkle with black pepper. Place into preheated oven; cook for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the pork is about 155 degrees. Remove from the oven; tent with foil to keep pork warm. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- While pork is resting, make Pecan Gremolata by combining pecans, parsley and reserved lemon zest; set aside. Cut pork into slices; sprinkle with Pecan Gremolata and serve with Georgia Peach Chutney and fresh lemon wedges. Makes about 6 servings.