Honey and Ginger Marinated Flank Steak
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 1/3cup honey
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons garlic powder, or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2cup canola oil
- 2pounds flank steak
- Combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic powder, ginger and oil in a container with a tight lid. Shake to mix well. Make light diagonal slashes on each side of the flank steak in a diamond pattern. Place meat in a small pan and pour marinade over it. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the grill for cooking on medium-high heat. Cook the steak about 6 to 8 minutes on each side, remove from grill and let steak rest for 5 minutes.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN