Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Yield 6 dozens
Always a special treat at Christmas, weddings, and special parties, the peanut butter cups look pretty in printed liners.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs or 21 graham cracker halves, crushed
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, peanut butter, and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl; mix well.
- Using a teaspoon as a scoop, roll into 72 small balls and press into petite paper liners, such as paper or foil mini-muffin or candy liners.
- Combine the chocolate chips and the shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Watch closely so mixture does not burn. Stir until chips are melted.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon the melted chocolate mixture over each peanut butter ball. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to set. For peak flavor and texture, prepare two days in advance.
Recipe by Shirley Glaser, Ridgeland, Wis.