Homemade Grape Ice Cream
- Yield 10 servings
This recipe for grape ice cream and is just a little bit different.
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen grape juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 pint light cream, or half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- Dissolve sugar in grape juice. Add lemon juice.
- Combine cream, evaporated milk and milk.
- Pour mixture into a 1-gallon ice cream freezer and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Serve with wafer or shortbread cookies and a curl of lemon peel on top.
—Ferne Tremelling, Wills Point, Texas