Homemade Boursin Cheese
- Yield 1 1/2 cups
This cheese dip makes a great appetizer and is best if made a day ahead of time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -- garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon white vermouth
- pinch lemon pepper
- Blend cream cheese with garlic. Add remaining ingredients. Chill and serve with stoned wheat thins or other crackers. To make a dip for crudites, add 1/2 cup sour cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Chicago’s Soupcon II (Chicago, Illinois, 1982).