Homemade Boursin Cheese
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-- garlic clove, crushed
- 2teaspoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/2teaspoon basil leaves
- 2tablespoons chopped chives
- 1tablespoon white vermouth
- pinch lemon pepper
- Blend cream cheese with garlic. Add remaining ingredients. Chill and serve with stoned wheat thins or other crackers. To make a dip for crudites, add 1/2 cup sour cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Chicago’s Soupcon II (Chicago, Illinois, 1982).