- Yield 42-48 pieces
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 40 mins
- 1 -- 16-ounce package hot roll mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Hickory Smoked Jarlsberg cheese, chilled
- 1/2 cup chopped California Ripe Olives (rinse and pat dry before chopping)
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 -- egg
- -- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 -- egg white mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- -- Garlic and/or onion powder, optional
Grease 3 cookie sheets (or line with parchment paper)
Combine contents of roll mix box in large bowl and mix well. Add cheese, olives and walnuts. Toss to mix well. Continue according to package directions (using hot water, butter and egg). Knead dough in bowl and let stand.
Cut dough in half. Pat out on floured surface to form two 6×12 inch rectangles. Lightly sprinkle on Cayenne. Cut dough into two 1/2×6-inch strips (with a pizza wheel). Twist strips and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place (80-85F), 20-30 minutes or until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 375F. Before baking, brush with egg white mixture and sprinkle on sesame seeds. Sprinkle on garlic and/or onion powders, if desired. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Or cool, wrap and refrigerate and reheat to serve.