- 2whole tangerines
- 1/2cup whole cloves
- 3quarts pure, unsweetened cranberry juice (or cranberry juice cocktail with no sugar added)
- 2cups sugar
- 3cups amber rum, if desired
blog comments powered by
- Cut tangerines crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and remove seeds. Stud rind of each tangerine round with 4 or 5 cloves.
- In a large saucepan, simmer cranberry juice, tangerine rounds and sugar, covered, 5 minutes and stir in rum.
- Serve toddies with clove-studded tangerine rounds in heat-proof glasses.