Holiday Ham with Rio Star Grapefruit Glaze
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 (8-pound) ready-to-eat boneless ham
- 3 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit
- 1cup dry white wine
- 6tablespoons honey
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2cup water
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Score ham and place in roasting pan. Bake for 90 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Squeeze the juice from two grapefruit and combine with the wine and honey.
- Pour grapefruit/wine/honey mixture over the ham and return it to the oven. Bake for an additional 40 minutes, basting with the sauce every 10 minutes.
- While the ham is cooking, section the remaining grapefruit.
- Remove the ham from the oven and transfer to a platter.
- Put the roasting pan on the stove over low heat.
- Combine the cornstarch with the water. Add this liquid to the juices in the roasting pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and just boils. Pour it over the ham. Garnish with the extra grapefruit sections and serve.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet