Chicken Breasts with Herbed Artichoke Cream
- Yield: servings
- 6-- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 3/4cup all purpose flour
- 2tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1-- carton EggBeaters
- 1 1/2cups panko bread crumbs
- 5tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1-- 10 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (no marinade)
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- -- Sea salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
Pat pounded chicken breasts dry. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. In a separate bowl, combine Eggbeaters with about one tablespoon water to make an eggwash. In a third dish, combine panko and rubbed sage.
Dredge chicken breasts in flour; dip into eggwash; dredge thoroughly again in panko/sage mixture. Shake off excess. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Once olive oil is hot — but not smoking — saute three chicken breasts until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Repeat with 2 more tablespoons of olive oil and remaining 3 chicken breasts.
Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and saute garlic, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 30 seconds until soft and fragrant. Adjust heat to medium-high and deglaze pan with chicken broth and white wine. Boil wine and broth mixture until reduced by a third. Add fresh lemon juice, cream, artichokes, capers, and sea salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
Plate chicken breasts on large platter. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with fresh flat-leaf parsley.