Hoisin-Flavored Mushrooms and Shrimp
- Yield 4 servings
Mushrooms and shrimp make the perfect couple in this delicious dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/3 cups orzo uncooked
- 2 -- (13 3/4 ounces) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 12 ounces cleaned deveined cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup green onions (scallions) cut in 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan heat oil until hot; add mushrooms, ginger and garlic. Cook until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken broth, hoisin sauce and red pepper; bring to a boil. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until orzo is firm-tender and some liquid remains, about 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp and green onions; cook until shrimp are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.