- Yield: 3 one lb. loaves
- Cook: 60 min.
Best if refrigerated a few days before slicing as the flavor improves and it "keeps" like fruitcake but tastes much better! It also can be eaten at once and usually is.
- 2cups California Raisins
- 2 1/3cups boiling water
- 4teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4cup vegetble oil (grapeseed or olive)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 4cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Stir raisins, boiling water and baking soda together and let stand 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add remaining ingredients in order and mix well.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 1-pound cans or 9 x 5-inch bread pans. Mixture will be very thick. Bake 60 minutes. Remove from cans or pans and cool on wire racks. Store in containers or plastic bags.