High-Energy Bangkok Coconut Chicken Stir Fry
- Yield 6 servings
Try this sugar-busting recipe from Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's "The Beat Sugar Addiction Now Cookbook."
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce (wheat-free)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 heads broccoli, including stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked (or any other grain, such as brown rice)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the garlic and onions until softened and slightly brown.
- In a blender, combine cooked garlic and onions with almond butter, coconut milk, lemon juice, tamari, fish sauce, parsley, and water. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet, combine blended sauce, chicken, and broccoli. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Before serving, add cranberries and almonds.
- Serve with quinoa.
Reprinted with permissions from Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum’s The Beat Sugar Addiction Now Cookbook.