High-Energy Bangkok Coconut Chicken Stir Fry
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2cup smooth almond butter
- 1cup light coconut milk
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons tamari sauce (wheat-free)
- 1tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2cup purified water
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts, cubed
- 2heads broccoli, including stalk, chopped
- 1/4cup dried cranberries
- 1/4cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1cup quinoa, cooked (or any other grain, such as brown rice)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the garlic and onions until softened and slightly brown.
- In a blender, combine cooked garlic and onions with almond butter, coconut milk, lemon juice, tamari, fish sauce, parsley, and water. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet, combine blended sauce, chicken, and broccoli. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Before serving, add cranberries and almonds.
- Serve with quinoa.
Reprinted with permissions from Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum’s The Beat Sugar Addiction Now Cookbook.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 398
- Fat 20.35g
- Cholesterol 22.67mg
- Sodium 726.81mg
- Potassium 586.16mg
- Carbohydrate 39.87g
- Fiber 4.95g
- Sugars 1.97g
- Protein 17.73g