Herbed Shrimp and Pasta Casserole
- Yield 6 servings
This unique casserole is great for a light evening meal.
- 1 (8-ounce) package angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) jar milk chunky salsa
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, blend together egg white, egg, evaporated milk, yogurt, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic; set aside. Spread half of the pasta over the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover with salsa. Layer half of shrimp over salsa. Spread remaining pasta over shrimp. Pour egg mixture evenly over pasta. Cover with remaining shrimp and top with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until shrimp are done and the liquid is absorbed. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.