Herbed Shrimp and Feta Cheese Casserole
- Yield: 12 servings
- 8ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 1/3ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1cup evaporated skim milk
- 1cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2-- eggs, beaten
- 1/3cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1teaspoon basil
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 4-- garlic cloves, minced
- 8ounces angel hair pasta, cooked, drained
- 1-- (16-ounce) jar milk chunky salsa
- 1pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 8ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine the feta cheese, Swiss cheese, evaporated skim milk, yogurt, eggs, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray with half the pasta. Spread with the salsa. Top with half the shrimp. Layer with the remaining pasta.
- Pour the cheese and egg mixture over the prepared layers. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional chopped fresh parsley. The equivalent amount of egg substitute may be used as a substitution for the fresh eggs.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes of Family and Friends of LSU AgCenter’s Serving Louisiana (LSU Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2002).