Herbed Potato Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- 12 small to medium red creamer, red-skinned or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1small white onion, diced
- 3/4cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2cup each chopped fresh basil, chives and flat-leaf parsley
- 2sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a pan of cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes or until just tender (do not overcook). Drain, cool and peel (skins will rub off easily).
- Chop potatoes; place in a bowl. Add eggs and remaining ingredients. Stir gently. Makes 6 cups.