Herbed Mozzarella Olives
- Yield 6 servings
A perfect make-ahead appetizer starring black olives, tomatoes and cheese.
- 1 (6-ounce) can California Black Ripe Olives
- 1 cup Sweet 100 or grape tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, balls halved or diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Toss olives, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in a large mixing bowl. Dress thoroughly with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Marinate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee