Herbed Havarti in Pastry
- Yield 15 servings
This recipe is wonderfully delicious and conveniently made with items you already have on hand.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -- (12-ounce) loaf Havarti cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried fennel
- 1 -- egg, beaten
- Thaw 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry. Spread the Dijon mustard over the top of the cheese. Sprinkle with the parsley flakes, chives, dillweed, basil and fennel. Place the cheese mustard side down in the center of the pastry. Wrap the pastry around the cheese. Trim the excess pastry; seal the seams. Brush with some of the beaten egg. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes. Bake at 375F degrees for 20 minutes; brush with the remaining egg. Bake for 10 minutes longer. Let stand until cooled to room temperature. Arrange on a serving platter. Serve with sliced fresh apples, pears or your favorite fruit.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Savannah’s Downtown Savannah Style (the Junior League of Savannah, Georgia, 1996).