Herbed Cheese Lettuce Rolls
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Herbed ricotta combines with fresh tomato salsa in an easy picnic wrap.
Make the tomato salsa in advance and store it in the fridge up to 3 days then bring it, the ricotta and the lettuce leaves to the picnic in the cooler so you can roll the wraps just before serving. Serve leftover salsa with chips.
- Tomato Salsa:
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lettuce Rolls:
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 large Boston lettuce leaves
- To prepare salsa, combine tomato, shallot, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl; stir well.
- To prepare lettuce rolls, combine ricotta and Parmesan cheese. Place a heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture in each lettuce leaf; top with a rounded tablespoon of tomato salsa, and enclose. Serves 8.