- Yield 6 to 8 servings
A delicious dish to serve as an appetizer.
- 1 -- unbaked 9-inch tart shell
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup peeled, diced, salted eggplant
- 2 cups sliced oyster mushrooms
- 2 cups stemmed and diced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pancetta, diced and fried
- 1 -- red bell pepper, roasted and diced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 -- egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- -- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese, cut in chunks
- Line a 9-inch tart pan with pastry and prick with a fork. Saute onions, garlic and eggplant in butter until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for an additional 3 minutes. Add all other ingredients, except goat cheese, and fold together. Place ingredients into prepared tart pan and bake at 350F until firm, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle goat cheese on top during the last 10 minutes of baking. Remove and cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Sacramento’s Celebrate! (the Junior League of Sacramento, CA., 1991).