Herb-Roasted Sweet Corn
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2teaspoons corn or olive oil
- 1teaspoon natural butter sprinkles*
- 4 ears sweet corn-on-the-cob, husked and rinsed to remove all silks
- 2teaspoons snipped fresh herbs such as thyme, basil, oregano, chives or parsley or a combination of these
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine oil, butter sprinkles and herbs. Spread mixture on each ear of corn. Sprinkle ears with salt and pepper. Place corn on prepared baking sheet and roast, turning occasionally, about 40 minutes or until the kernels turn golden brown and are tender. If a more roasted appearance is desired, place corn cobs 2 inches from heating element of broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
*Butter sprinkles are made from a carbohydrate taken from corn and flavored with natural butter flavor. They are marketed under brand names such as Butter Buds and Molly McButter. You’ll find them in the spice aisle of supermarkets.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 79
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 151mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Protein 2g