- Yield: 12 to 15 servings
- 5 to 6pounds leg of lamb, butterflied
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/2cup lemon juice
- 1/4cup chopped onion
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- Place the leg of lamb in a nonreactive dish.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and thyme in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the lamb, turning to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 10 hours, turning occasionally. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Grill the lamb over hot coals for 40 to 45 minutes or until done to taste, basting with the reserved marinade occasionally.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Buffalo, Great Lake Effects, Buffalo Beyond Winter and Wings (The Junior League of Buffalo, Inc., 1997).