Herb-Crusted Chicken with Mustard Butter
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Mustard Butter
- 1/2cup unsalted butter, softened (one stick)
- 2tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/2teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 2tablespoons dijon mustard
- Herb-Crusted Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1teaspoon crumbled dried marjoram
- 1teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 1teaspoon celery seeds
- 1teaspoon white pepper
- 2teaspoons coarse salt
- 2tablespoons butter
For the Mustard Butter:
- Combine the butter, shallot, pepper, salt, thyme and mustards in a bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Shape the butter into a 7-inch log on waxed paper. Wrap in the waxed paper and chill until firm.
For the Chicken:
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Combine the sage, oregano, ginger, rosemary, marjoram, thyme, celery seeds, pepper and salt in a shallow bowl. Coat the chicken in the herb mixture.
- Saute the chicken in butter in a large skillet for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Arrange the chicken on serving plates. Serve with a slice of mustard butter on top.
Note: The mustard butter may he made up to two weeks in advance and kept chilled.