Herb Cheese Puffs
- Yield: 2
- 1cup water
- 1/2cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon Bread Dipping Seasoning, Pizza Seasoning, herbes de Provence or other seasoning blend
- 1cup (4 1/4 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4large eggs
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment.
- Bring the water and butter to a boil in a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the flour, salt, and seasoning all at once, and stir until a ball of dough forms.
- Remove from the heat, and scrape the dough into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat for 1 minute, to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating each egg in completely before adding the next one.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan just until incorporated.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch tip (or a spoon), dollop the thick batter into 1 1/2-inch mounds spaced 1 inch apart on the baking sheet; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
- Bake the puffs for 20 minutes, reduce the oven heat to 350F, and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into one of the puffs reads 205F.
- Turn the oven off and leave puffs in the cooling oven for 20 minutes — this permits them to dry out a bit on the inside. If you prefer a moister interior, you can take them out right away. Serve warm, or at room temperature.