Herb Bread Stuffing
- Yield 10 servings
A wonderful accompaniment to roasted chicken or turkey.
- 5 cups coarsely chopped French bread
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- -- Olive oil for sauteing
- 3 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- Toss the French bread with the butter in a bowl, coating evenly. Spread on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350F oven until light brown. Maintain the oven temperature.
- Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in a small amount of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the toasted French bread, corn bread, parsley, sage, thype, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well. Satue for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the stock and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon the stuffing into a buttered baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from PCH Hotels and Resort’s Grand Traditions (PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc., Point Clear, Al., 2009).