Herb Bread Stuffing
- Yield: 10 servings
- 5cups coarsely chopped French bread
- 1/3cup butter, melted
- 1cup finely chopped onion
- 1cup chopped celery
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- -- Olive oil for sauteing
- 3cups crumbled corn bread
- 1/3cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1tablespoon poultry seasoning
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- Toss the French bread with the butter in a bowl, coating evenly. Spread on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350F oven until light brown. Maintain the oven temperature.
- Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in a small amount of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the toasted French bread, corn bread, parsley, sage, thype, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well. Satue for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the stock and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon the stuffing into a buttered baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from PCH Hotels and Resort’s Grand Traditions (PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc., Point Clear, Al., 2009).