- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds bay scallops, rinsed and drained on paper towels
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter
- 3tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 1/2teaspoons basil, crumbled
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- Arrange the scallops in a single layer in a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 5 mnutes.
- Add the garlic and stir the scallops to coat with the butter mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes longer or until tender.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Leage of Chicago, Peeling the Wild Onion, a Collection of Chicago Culinary Culture (the Junior League of Chicago, 2008)