Herb and Pumpkin Seed Coated Chicken Drumsticks with Chunky Mango Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- 12-- chicken drumsticks
- 3cups pumpkin seeds
- 2tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 2-- eggs, beaten with 2 TBLS water
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-- onion, minced
- 1-- red bell pepper, minced
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 3-- mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3cup lime juice
- 2tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cover a large sheet pan with aluminum foil. Coat foil with cooking spray.
- Place pumpkin seeds in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer pumpkin seeds to medium bowl. Add rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In shallow dish, place flour. In another shallow dish or bowl, place egg and water mixture. Dredge drumsticks in flour, patting off excess. Coat each drumstick with egg and then with pumpkin seed mixture, covering thoroughly and pressing seeds onto the drumsticks. Place each drumstick on prepared sheet pan. Bake 50 minutes, until crisp and brown.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare mango sauce by warming vegetable oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sautÈ until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in red bell pepper and garlic and cook 3 minutes more, stirring. Stir in mango, lime juice and sugar. Bring mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to very low. Cook 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve hot with chicken drumsticks.