Herb and Cheese Penne
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil (Extra virgin)
- 1can Fire roasted diced tomatos drained
- 1medium onion finely chopped
- 1medium Bell pepper, diced
- 4cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1pinch sugar (to cut accidity in tomatoes
- 15ounces Pilly brand Italian Herb and cheese cooking creme
- 15ounces 2 % milk
- 1dash salt to taste
- 1dash pepper to taste
- 1/2cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1box Barilla Whole Grain penne
- 1/4cup Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1pound Sweet Italian sausage, ground or brats cooked and sliced
- 1pound Chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 1head Fresh broccoli, steamed
- 1pound Shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1package frozen mixed veggies steamed
In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add tomatoes, onion and bell pepper until soft. Add garlic and pinch of sugar cook 2 minutes longer stirring well.
While veggies are cooking in skillet, bring water for pasta to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add a pinch of salt to season. if desired. Cook pasta to Al Dente state and drain.
Returning to skillet, add cooking cream, milk, salt Parmesan cheese and pepper, mix well.
When sauce is heated through and parmesan cheese is melted. Pour over pasta and toss. At this point you will also add any optional ingredients such as sausage and broccoli, etc. Garnic each serving with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and serve immediately.