Herb and Cheese Penne
- Yield 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Extra virgin)
- 1 can Fire roasted diced tomatos drained
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium Bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pinch sugar (to cut accidity in tomatoes
- 15 ounces Pilly brand Italian Herb and cheese cooking creme
- 15 ounces 2 % milk
- 1 dash salt to taste
- 1 dash pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 box Barilla Whole Grain penne
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 pound Sweet Italian sausage, ground or brats cooked and sliced
- 1 pound Chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 1 head Fresh broccoli, steamed
- 1 pound Shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1 package frozen mixed veggies steamed
In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add tomatoes, onion and bell pepper until soft. Add garlic and pinch of sugar cook 2 minutes longer stirring well.
While veggies are cooking in skillet, bring water for pasta to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add a pinch of salt to season. if desired. Cook pasta to Al Dente state and drain.
Returning to skillet, add cooking cream, milk, salt Parmesan cheese and pepper, mix well.
When sauce is heated through and parmesan cheese is melted. Pour over pasta and toss. At this point you will also add any optional ingredients such as sausage and broccoli, etc. Garnic each serving with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and serve immediately.