Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Yield 1 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Easy and delicious, this salad makes great use of the specialty tomatoes you'll find at your farmer's market.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Drizzle in oil while whisking continuously.
- Combine 1 tablespoon vinaigrette with tomatoes; toss gently (you’ll have vinaigrette left over). Add salt and pepper; toss. Arrange on a serving dish and top with basil and cheese.
Recipe by Chef Tim Kilcoyne.