- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 16tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1tablespoon coarse salt
- 10tablespoons ice water
- 3large Cherokee Purple tomatoes, or any ripe heirloom or homegrown tomatoes
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 4tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2teaspoons garlic powder
- Kernels from 2 large ears sweet corn
- 2tablespoons chopped basil
- 2tablespoons chopped chives
- To prepare the crusts, combine flour, butter and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until butter is incorporated. Add ice water while pulsing, until dough forms.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth, cut in half and form 2 discs. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To prepare filling, cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Place on a paper towel–covered baking sheet and cover with additional paper towels. Press lightly to remove some of the liquid and seeds. Let stand 30 minutes. Remove top layer of paper towels and sprinkle tomatoes with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, lemon juice and garlic powder.
- Roll out dough for the bottom crust and place in a 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie pan. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on bottom crust.
- Sprinkle half the corn on top of cheese. Layer half the tomatoes on top of corn. Repeat layers.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on top layer of tomatoes. Sprinkle basil and chives on the top.
- Roll out remaining dough and place on top of pie, crimping the edges and cutting slits to release steam. Alternately, cut rolled-out dough into strips and place in a lattice pattern over filling.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until crust is golden.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 477
- Fat 34g
- Cholesterol 68mg
- Sodium 1068mg
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 6g