Heavenly Yam Delight
- Yield 16 servings
An exceptionally delicious and light make-ahead dessert with yummy flavors of yams, cinnamon and cream cheese.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams) drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix flour, 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, pecans, and butter. Mold into the bottom of baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese and remaining 2/3 cup confectioners sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Spread mixture over crust.
- Beat sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and sugar until smooth. Spread mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and chill.