Heavenly Yam Delight
- Yield 16 servings
An exceptionally delicious and light make-ahead dessert with yummy flavors of yams, cinnamon and cream cheese.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 -- (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 -- (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams) drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, pecans, and butter. Press into bottom of pan. Bake 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and remaining 2/3 cup confectioners sugar until creamy. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- In mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and sugar until smooth. Carefully spread over cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.