Heavenly Holiday Brownies
- Yield 24 servings
"I developed this quick, easy dessert to satisfy my family's sweet tooth. I make them as special gifts on Valentine's Day, but they are great all year-round. This is a much tastier brownie than conventional recipes."
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3-ounce) box chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, oil, eggs, chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and milk in a large bowl; stir until just blended. The mixture will be thick. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture evenly. Bake 30 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted 2 inches from the edge comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 1 minute before serving for a very soft brownie or cool 40 minutes for a firmer brownie.
Recipe by Marie Brown, Wilson, N.C.