- Yield: 16 servings
My family and friends who can't eat chocolate love this cake.
- 1box white cake mix
- 1 (3.5-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- flaked coconut
- 1cup chopped nuts
- 1/4cup margarine
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cover bottom of the pan with nuts and coconut. Pour cake batter evenly over the top.
- Melt margarine in a bowl or medium-size pan. Add the cream cheese and sugar. Mix well.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter and bake 40 to 42 minutes. You can’t test this cake for doneness because it is so gooey.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Experiment by substituting your favorite cake mix, such as strawberry or cherry.
Recipe by Linda Ventura, Alliance, Ohio